Hello Sweet Tooth!
This has to be everyone’s favorite dessert and specially those who love jalebies they should try this out and thank me later. I first came across this dessert when I was at the Canada’s Wonderland & had this amazing Funnel Cake, which was served hot with vanilla ice-cream with loads of strawberry sauce on it. And as it was a tiring day i gulped down the whole of it in just few seconds.
- 1 1/2 cup of Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar (I mix a bit of brown sugar for a strong flavor)
- deep pan of oil for frying
- funnel cup/ jug
- Firstly, take a bowl and add in , milks, eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and beat them nicely until smooth. Make sure you are using confectioners sugar because it get easily dissolved in the mixture. If not grind the sugar and then use it.
- Then heat the oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cover the funnel hole with one hand, pour in the batter. Start from the center in a swirling motion to make a round.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.
- Serve it hot along ice-creams, syrups, nutella, jams, berries, mango’s
Do drop in your comments regarding this recipe. If you guys try it out do dm us the pictures on @needandwantsblog.